Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Agree with David Grossman or not?

To me,I'd agree with David Grossman. Video games might teaching kids to kill because they are adapting to the environment with wars and soldier, killing and surviving through the games. The games also taught to reject the old values and accept that the world is a dark and dangerous place. I think children would easily to adapt in those violence situation in real life.And yes,I agree with him to prevent violence. But I disagree with him because he said that they were teaching the children to like it. It's a bad thing because no parents would want their children to like violence and shooting with gun.

6 comments:

  1. I think that most of the video games, are about vilonet and can teach the children to kill, or many TV programs. These day, almost of the film I watch always have the sexual part!! AND THAT"S GROSS!!!!! I think that TV program can also teach children to do bad things, and damage their naitive mind.!! I Agree with you Sofia, that's TV, and video games can teach children to be bad!!!(Or to kill):D :X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree with you Sofia. When you said "video games might teaching kids to kill", you mean EVERY video games in that sentence. But for me, it's wrong, because some video games are just arcade and funny. When kids playing video games or either watching T.V, what of the world become better place in their mind ? Some video games and T.V shows can make them laugh or relax, not all are VIOLENT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sofia.
    I partly agree with your answer.
    First off, I agree the fact that no parents would want their children to like violence and shooting. Is dangerous.
    Second, I disagree with you that TV is compared to soldier training as a dark and dangerous place. TV gives people entertainment and kids love TV shows because of cartoon. So would watching your favorite movie considered as a "dark" and "dangerous" thing? I do not think so. T.V is one way to help us relieve stress so I disagree with you about that. I also disagree with you the fact children reject old values just from playing games and watching television. Games MAYBE taught us bad things but I do not think you cannot forget old values. I mean obviously even if their parent is careless about them, they will still get advice and things that they should need to know. TV does not make us reject old values. What do you see on TV? Cartoon, TV shows, news, sports, music. I do not get how's that make us become bad so I think TV gives us entertainment. So yeah, that is what I think. Just my opinion but good answer though.

    -Nhung (7a)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you ever play violent games? It doesn't ask us to reject the "old" value and accept a dark, dangerous world. I totally have no idea with some parts of your answer. Adapt to violent situation easily like warfare? BIG WRONGGGG, no matter how stupid is the kid, they will easily know what is safe, dangerous and they know what is a real gun and fake gun, believe me.
    P.S.: What is your "old" value?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you because, i agree that violent video games teach kids violent things like killing and shooting. But, you said that you disagree with him because he said that they were teaching the children to like it. I disagree with you because, they might enjoy while they are watching violent things and they might like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Sofia! Because you said that video games may teaching kids to kill and they may adapted by the games, or they play killing and fighting games, so they may disturb by it in the real life. You also said that you disagree with the statement that Grossman said we teaching them to like it. I totally agree with you because it is exactly hte same as my opinion. I thougth same as you that we not teaChing them to like it, what about that games are so violently, sexuallity, or fighting, killing?

    ReplyDelete